OR SCROLL FOR MORE
Glenaire, a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) opened in 1993 in response to several churches’ requests to establish a retirement community in the Raleigh / Cary area. Glenaire is a fully accredited, non-profit, continuing care retirement community located on 33 acres in the heart of Cary, NC.
The campus includes a Community Center which houses an auditorium, two libraries, two dining venues, a beauty/barber shop, music and art studio, and an aquatics and fitness center. The apartments and cottages are located immediately adjacent to the Community Center.
Glenaire is one of three continuing care retirement communities managed by The Presbyterian Homes Inc. in North Carolina. The Presbyterian Homes Inc. has managed continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) for over 60+ years. The flagship community Presbyterian Homes of High Point was the first CCRC in the southeast to receive accreditation. Glenaire, along with its sister communities, enjoys the benefit of a managing company that has an extensive history of financial viability and integrity. As a continuing care retirement community, we understand the need for future health care, especially long-term care. Glenaire residents are offered a full continuum of care on premises featuring all private suites in both assisted living and skilled nursing. An adult day center and health care clinic complement all levels of care, providing a seamless progression of services.
The Presbyterian Homes, Inc. (PHI) was formed in 1944 to found a community for seniors. In 1952, The Presbyterian Home of High Point opened opened in High Point, North Carolina. It was the second such community in North Carolina and the first to receive CARF-CCAC accreditation.
PHI opened its second continuing care retirement community, Scotia Village, in 1988. Located in Laurinburg, North Carolina, the community became widely recognized for its lush landscape and exceptional service.
Glenaire, the third PHI community, opened in 1993. Located in the heart of Cary, North Carolina, it has earned a reputation for being the place to retire in the town.
River Landing at Sandy Ridge, the newest and largest PHI community, opened in 2003. Located in the heart of the Triad, its golf course and tennis court draws people from all over the country.
In 2009, The Presbyterian Home of High Point closed and its residents moved to River Landing, just down the road.